Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Conclusion

Over the course of the year I have had many different feelings toward the blog. When it was easy I loved it, and when it made you think I hated it. At the beginning when you first said we were doing the blog I expected you to forget about it pretty quickly so I never really had much thought for it. That is until after the first couple. I saw that you were gonna make some fun and others very very hard. This helped me figure out what I thought my blog is about which is being able to go back and see my growth in understanding and comprehending literature. The first three blogs were about what we look for in a book, what book we were reading, and some analysis of that book we were reading. I pretty much looked at this as three strikes and thought the blog was gonna be terrible because it really made me think. Why do I choose to read which was actually kinda hard and made me think about the deeper meanings of Treasure Island. The next three blogs were all reassuring me that the blogs still could be fun. They were about a memory, a best friend, and advice. You might think that these are just random things to write about but they all relate to a story we have read which is why I think you assigned them. But what i really liked about these blogs is not only were they fun and still going on with what we were doing in class but they seemed to be more about our lives and helped me see not only in school but how I have grown as a person and what I have been through. Which is another thing I think this blog is all about. However my hopes of all fun poems to me that is was stopped by the next three. They were about the Mockingbird Motif, Poetry videos, and an Animal Farm poem that I wrote. Each of these blogs were back to the learning to comprehend reading and more of what I am going to call the school type blogs. In the Mockingbird Motif blog is when I first started to fully get the meaning of motif. At least I think i get it. For the poetry videos we had to watch a video and write about what we thought the composer did well which helped understand why poetry is sometimes written in what seems a weird way. As for the Animal Farm poem I chose to do this for my project on that book because I felt confident in my poetry skills because we had just had a huge poetry unit and I felt like I understood it pretty well and I felt Like I understood Animal pretty good too. These three blogs are another good example of showing the meaning of my blog is to see how I have grown in comprehension because after we learned this stuff in class I felt confident writing each of those blogs and thought I was doing in write compared to some earlier blogs. Pretty much the rest of my blogs were the school type blogs except for two of them. The school type ones were about researching the Victorian era, writing to my group about what I have written for my part of the Earnest essay, writing about the the first stage of Pip's life, and looking back on how I have become better at writing essays. All of these I feel i can look back of and see that I have grown because on each of the books test or essay I did good. Which the blog played a big part in doing good because they helped me comprehend the information. Overall I feel that the blog has taught me so much. Without it I would not understand motifs, themes, and how to get the meaning out of a story like I do now. I have written about numerous classic novels and things about my life. I see the meaning of my blog is the growth in me and my ability to understand literature. I would like to say thank you Mrs. Gilman for teaching me this year and helping learn this.

No comments:

Post a Comment